Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Durbin Apologizes

"More than most people, a senator lives by his words ... occasionally words fail us, occasionally we will fail words"

"I am sorry if anything I said caused any offense or pain to those who have such bitter memories of the Holocaust, the greatest moral tragedy of our time. Nothing, nothing should ever be said to demean or diminish that moral tragedy."

"I am also sorry if anything I said cast a negative light on our fine men and women in the military ... I never ever intended any disrespect for them. Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line to them I extend my heartfelt apology."

"After reading the horrible details in that memo which characterized the treatment of prisoners at Guantanamo, I then, on my own, my own words, made some characterizations about that memo ... I have come to understand that was a very poor choice of words." (FNC)



I'm not accepting any apologies from a guy who compares me and my comrades to Soviets in their gulags, Nazis, or Pol Pot - but at least he has the courage to apologize, which is more than I can say for those that jumped on his bandwagon.

Maybe some of that courage will rub-off on his subversive band of "patriotic" anti-military hate merchants who neither appreciate nor understand who paid for their Freedoms.




Backtrack to: Wizbang! § Captain's Quarters

No comments: